Online Request to Transfer Form: Grades JK - 5

The form below is for families of students who will be in grades JK-5 to request school transfers for the next school year starting in September 2020 and to renew their SY19-20 waitlist positions. The renewal period ends March 1, 2020. New requests to transfer for SY19-20 end in December 2020.

Once submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to your submitted email address three business days. If you do not receive a confirmation email due to a typo, please contact us in order to confirm that we have received your online submission.

As of April 1, families with JK/K students will be able to check your waitlist positions for the school year 2020-2021 with our Online Waitlist System or you can call the SRC at 617.349.6067 for your updated waitlist positions. SY20-21 grades 1-5 waitlists will be available online at the end of April.

Other Options to Request to Transfer and Renewal of Current Waitlists
If the form below is not working correctly, or if you wish for additional options to request a transfer for the next school year, you can do the following:

  • Email the SRC directly with the information below.
  • Download and fill out the Request to Transfer form and check the "new request" box next to each school and submit it to the Student Registration Center through scanned email or fax to 617.349.6552.
  • Visit the SRC office at 459 Broadway and fill out the request in person.

For additional information on waitlists, please visit our Waitlist FAQ.

If you have any further questions about the process, feel free to call us at 617.349.6067 or email us.

Request to Transfer Form





*By submitting this form, you agree to the following statement:

I certify that all information on this form is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand that if the address or the child's custody changes, I must notify the Cambridge Public School Department and the Student Assignment Officer in writing, or by email at

Security Measure
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.