Snow-Day Decision-Making

Snow-Day Decision-Making
Posted on 03/14/2017
A decision has not yet been made on whether or not school will be in session on Wednesday, March 15. This determination will be made in consultation with Cambridge city officials. The storm's precise path, intensity, and duration are difficult to accurately predict, and we won't be able to fully evaluate the impact of the storm until it has progressed further.

If schools are closed tomorrow, the closure will be announced as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we may not be able to make that judgment until late Tuesday evening. Conditions may change up until the last minute - including both the storm path and potential damage or power outages. It is therefore not our practice to announce that schools are open for a regularly scheduled day. We only make an announcement if schools are closed.

We understand that it may be challenging to plan ahead in situations such as this, and we regret any inconvenience this may cause. Our goal is to open schools when it is safe to do so, to preserve valuable learning time for our students. If you do not see any announcement from CPS then that means that schools will be open pending further monitoring.

We encourage staff and families to have a back-up plan for Wednesday that will provide you with flexibility. We will be communicating frequently with relevant safety officials in order to give you as much notice as possible. We appreciate your understanding, and encourage you to stay safe and warm during the storm.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.