Do you have the CPS app? Is it set up so that you will receive all the most important news as soon as it's posted?
What does it do?
- Sends you emergency notifications (e.g., school closures) and the most important district news.
- Gives you easy access to school and district info, including calendars, lunch menus, bus schedules, parent/student portal, social media, and more.
You don't want to miss all the important stuff, so be sure "Notifications" are enabled in the app.
- The first time you open the app, it will ask you if you would like to receive push notifications. Select “YES” so that you will receive emergency closing announcements and important news without having to open or check the app.
- Then, open up the app and click on the notifications icon.
- Next, click on the wheel icon at the top right of your screen. Click on Cambridge Public Schools and then highlight News so that a checkmark appears next to it.
- Use the arrows to navigate back to the main notifications screen and click home.
- You're all set!